November 17, 2012

love and congratulations, amy and tim


My niece Amy and her husband, Tim, are expecting their first baby together. This was such exciting and hopeful news to receive and I wanted to send love and congratulations to the parents- and grandparents-to-be. To Tom and Mary Ellen, my brother and sister-in-law, I sent the card that I had made for the PTI July blog hop. I love that card (Are you allowed to admit that?) and thought it would be perfect for this occasion. I made a new card for Amy and Tim.


Back in May 2011, Melissa Philips wrote a post on love mail and shared some photo inspiration, including this envelope:


After visiting HensTeeth, I knew that I wanted to try adding some stitched flowers to a card. A year plus later, I’ve actually done so, though in a much different color palette than those I had remembered since the card needed to be gender neutral. The flowers are very sweet and work well with the Summer Fresh papers, but I do want to try this in the girlie colors that Viv uses in her Etsy shop.


For the stitched details, I am entering this into the Moxie Fab World stitching and sewing challenge.


nancy

supplies:
paper:  rustic cream c/s (PTI); Summer Fresh (Simple Stories)
stamps:  Mat Stack 2 Collection (PTI)
ink: onyx black (VersaFine)
dies and punches:  classic hearts (Spellbinders)
extras:  muslin (Jo-Ann Fabric); Nordic Holiday and Oxford glazed brads (Basic Grey); floss 304, 744, 800, 930, 963, and 3052 (DMC)

No comments: