December 9, 2012

celebrate


There are a number of December birthdays in my family, so I decided to take advantage of the current Make It Monday to direct my approach of at least one card. This pocket card by Danielle Flanders was my inspiration. My version does not have as much oomph since it is being mailed and I am being frugal with postage.


My favorite stamp by My Mind’s Eye found its way onto the front of the pocket and was a perfect place to add some detailed glitter for MIM#94.


It’s been gray and rainy here, so I hope the bright colors add a little cheer to my SIL’s birthday celebration. FYI, a note and signature went on the back of the insert.


Thanks for stopping by.

nancy

supplies:
paper:  vellum (Paper Source); scraps from stash (Amy Tangerine, October Afternoon, AMuse)
stamps:  Think Big Favorites #13 and Heart-2-Heart #2 (PTI); Be Amazing (MME)
ink:  tuxedo black dye (Memento)
dies and punches:  balloon (MS); Swiss cheese (EK Success)
extras:  onyx glitter (MS)

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

I love this little pocket card! Sure makes for a happy fun birthday card. Love the added glitter .