August 29, 2016

mim#258: cover plate tags


Wow, look at me posting for PTI challenges three weeks in a row. And while I’m patting myself on the back, I’m even more impressed with myself because something in the circuit panel blew yesterday and there is minimal electricity in my house right now. Fortunately and thankfully, the refrigerator, two a/c window units and a handful of outlets were not affected. Unfortunately, the outlet for my internet box – not sure what the technical term is – does not have power, so I have to switch it out with the a/c when I want to get online. Good thing the temps are getting cooler at night.

So, back to why it’s kudos to me. The room where I craft does not get a lot of natural light; it’s located on the northwest corner of the house. That means I usually have a very bright overhead light on that illuminates the whole room. Last night, when I made this card, I had one table lamp that, in comparison, seemed to be like working in candlelight. Oh, how spoiled I am.

This week, Papertrey’s Make It Monday Challenge #258,  combining tags and cover plates, was presented by Laurie Willison. Because I tend not to use a lot of tags as tags, I usually make them on an as-needed basis to match the packaging. That meant that my tag for this Make It Monday would be going on a card, a guy’s card. This seemed to be a great way to add texture and keep it graphic, both go-to elements for me when making a masculine card. When the MIM video finished playing, YouTube was kind enough to recommend this video from Vicky Papaioannou and my plan for the card came together. Don’t you love when things like that happen?


Do you think guys wish upon a birthday star?

nancy

supplies:
stamps:  Wishes Come True and Simple Stars (PTI)
ink:  enchanted evening (PTI)
paper:  rustic cream card stock (PTI); passion fruit card stock collection (Recollections)
dies:  Tag Sale #3, Cover Plate: Stars, Seeing Stars, Coffee Cozy Details, Super Star Border, and Double-ended Banner (PTI); Linen & Canvas impression plate (PTI)
extras:  jute twine (Westrim)

No comments: