February 12, 2017

pti celebrating the past, present and future: favorites


During Stamp-a-faire last year, Nichole asked us to share the project that we are most proud of, our masterpiece. After much internal debate, I chose a 4th of July card.

Papertrey Ink is now celebrating its 10th anniversary and Nichole has once again asked us to share the one project we are most proud of. Rather than posting the same card, I thought that I’d share another card that I’m very proud of – one that I made in 2015 to celebrate baseball’s opening day.

 
I chose this card for a couple of reasons. The first is that, although I am no artist, I decided to try something new and felt I did a fairly credible job of painting a baseball. Thankfully, I had this painting to use as inspiration. The second reason is that my nephews actually took the time to let me know that was their favorite card I’d ever sent them – high praise, indeed.

Because that card only used PTI card stock, I wasn’t sure if that was enough PTI to be included and thought I should share a backup.

 
While that Advent card wasn’t first or second on my list of cards I am most proud of – and, no, I don’t have an actual list – it is still near the top. The 4th of July card was picked for selfish reasons, but the next two were chosen because of the reactions I received from the cards. The Advent card actually caused my daughter to cry. The reason behind the tears can be found in the last paragraph of this post.

It has been fun stepping down memory lane. I’ve been reminded of some fabulous cards, a few of which I’ve CASE’d. Thank you for that.

Happy 10th anniversary, Papertrey Ink!

nancy

1 comment:

Dana said...

Your baseball is spectacular! I zoomed in to get a close-up look. Very impressed.