July 1, 2018

mim#326: inchies



Last summer, I made the invitations for my daughter’s wedding and they sucked up my creativity.  In April, I returned to card making and finally am ready not only to try a challenge, but share my card as well.

Lexi Daly has taken us old-school with Papertrey’s Make It Monday #326, using inchie elements.  Rather than duplicate Lexi’s pattern, I went on Pinterest for some inspiration and came across this card with an additional larger die cut element. The wheels started spinning and I ended up with the following card.


The card is for my nephew who is working at the Jersey Shore at The Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe. He studied voice and musical theater in college and told his mom that he wants to audition for a Broadway show (or two or three) while here, but is anxious to do so. I want to send him a note of encouragement, hence the card. It combines a go-after-your-dreams-type sentiment with a shore feel. (Kites can be seen up and down the beach.)

Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much from this card since I had trouble working with inchies way back when, but am happy with how it turned out. The card hit the note I was going after. Please click on the picture to view it; the quality is better that way.

I wouldn’t mind being serenaded by my nephew at the shore with an ice cream cone in hand right about now! How about you?

nancy

supplies:
stamps:  City Scene; Heart-2-Heart #6; Ahoy; Up, Up & Away; Bitty Background Blocks; and Dream, Fly, Soar! (PTI)
ink:  bright buttercup, summer sunrise and blueberry sky (PTI); summer sky and tuxedo black (Memento); VersaMark
paper:  white and blueberry sky card stock (PTI)
extras:  clear embossing powder (Ranger); white embossing powder (Filigree)

5 comments:

lexi said...

i love how this turned out!! the popped up die cut is the perfect addition and i love the sentiment and meaning behind it all. thanks for playing make it monday!

lainey said...

What a nice, inspirational card! Like how you added the popped up kite!

Joyce said...

What a fantastic encouragement card. I hope your nephew can make is dreams come true. Love that you have the kite outside of the boxes--kind of makes me think that he will break out and be a success.

Greta said...

Absolutely wonderful inchie card! Love the sentiment & the kites are perfect for someone working at the beach! Bet he will be thrilled to get this encouragment card!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Beautiful! It's been ages since I've made an inchie card - but you really have me inspired! Such a delightful and optimistic design - love the blue skies, sunshine and that kite! Lovely!