July 2, 2018

tt: white flowers to pale peony


Last week, I made a card following Papertrey’s Make It Monday #325, flowers in reverse. Dawn’s gorgeous cards had multiple layers and texture along with some strong color from the leaves. My card was not as layered, textured or colorful, which is probably why I wanted to add some color to the flowers. Enter Papertrey’s Transformation Tuesday. (Please note:  Not sure why, but I’ve noticed the enlarged photos are a better clarity than those in the actual post.)

 
For the transformed card, a very light wash of pale peony was added under the Circle Scribbles die cut.

 
To me, the subtle addition of color to the flowers was just the right added touch. I preferred this card until I added the sequins. Unfortunately, there were no pale peony enamel dots in my stash, so sequins it was. You know the story; everything looked great until it was glued down. It ended up being just a little too much sparkle for me, but the recipient will like it. So all is good.

  
The peony card is an encouragement card for my niece who has some career decisions to make. I want to share the sentiment from inside the card because the font from Book Club blends so well with the font from Fresh Bouquet. Love when that happens.

 
Thank you for taking time from your day to check out my card.

nancy

supplies  (original card):
stamps:  Spring Hills (PTI)
ink:  mint julep and spring rain (PTI); grey flannel (Memento)
paper:  fresh snow linen and aqua mist card stock (PTI); watercolor paper (Strathmore)
dies:  Circle Scribbles, Heart-2-Heart #7 and Happiness in Bloom Leaves (PTI)
extras:  enamel dots (MME)

supplies  (transformed card):
stamps:  Fresh Bouquet, Book Club, Mini Blooms and Garden Grace (PTI)
ink:  mint julep, spring rain and pale peony (PTI); grey flannel (Memento)
paper:  fresh snow linen and pale peony card stock (PTI); watercolor paper (Strathmore)
dies:  Circle Scribbles, Heart-2-Heart #7 and Happiness in Bloom Leaves (PTI)
extras:  sequins (Studio Calico and MFT)

6 comments:

Vikki H said...

Oh, I love both of your cards! Circle Scribbles makes for wonderful flowers and your design with reversing the colors is beautiful!

Betty said...

hi nancy - love the idea of using the circle scribbles for flowers (mine have been underloved for ages!) - both cards are really pretty but the little pop of color certainly makes your second card a standout!

Greta said...

They're both beautiful, but I am partial to the re-do with the pink--my favorite color!

Marlena M. said...

I love both of your creations~lovely work! The sentiments are so encouraging!

Cindy Beach said...

Yes, Nancy, I agree, all is VERY good. I love the soft touch of color added to the second card, and I really like sparkle so to me the sequins are perfection.

Ivana Camdzic said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous and so elegant, Nancy! I love the sentiments, and soft, floral details. I also love that you added a different accent color to each - so, so pretty!