July 23, 2018

mim#329: die cut as stencil


Just one time I’d like to finish a card for a challenge with more than a few hours to spare. With the time constraints, this post will be short and sweet.

For this week’s Make It Monday #329, Melissa Phillips shared how she creates stencils from die cuts. I used a cover plate to make a stencil for my card.

 
This card started out completely different in my head because I remembered the dies from Strawberry Patch to be completely different than they are. I thought there was a large die rather than several individual strawberry dies. My fussy cutting did not do justice to the image, so that plan went out the window. The second backup image is waiting to be used on a different card since I couldn’t find a way to make it work with stenciling. The above card was my third attempt. It was going to be my final attempt no matter how it turned out. Thankfully, there’s something about its simplicity that I really like.

Hope you’re enjoying your summer.

nancy

supplies:
stamps:  strawberry patch and summer sweetness (PTI)
ink:  scarlet jewel, pure poppy, harvest gold, stormy sea, new leaf, pine feather, aqua mist and smokey shadow (PTI)
paper:  watercolor paper (Strathmore); mint julep card stock (PTI)
dies:  cover plate: stripes horizontal (PTI); stitched rectangles (SSS)
extras:  clear wink of stella (ZIG)

3 comments:

TLady said...

No matter how many times you tried, your card came out WONDERFULLY! I too like the simplicity of it! SUCH A BEAUTIFUL CARD!!!! (I NEED one of PTI's Strawberry sets! LOL) I think you did PERFECTLY for the challenge! ;) SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Plus, NEVER give up!) ;)

Vikki H said...

Beautiful card! Your colors and the strawberries look luscious! This card would work for the Seize the Birthday challenge: stripes.

Ivana Camdzic said...

Oh Nancy! This card is DELIGHTFUL! I had been thinking (for years) on whether or not to pick up this stamp set and now I really wish I had. Your card is perfect in every way! Reminds me of a Summery picnic! xo